Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stuttering in Serbia, Montenegro, and Bosnia


I am currently on a beach holiday with Jelena. On our way down from Belgrade, we met and stayed at Tiana's parents' place. She is a high school student, and lives in Prijepolje in South-West Serbia, close to the border with Montenegro. And her brother is a great fan of strawberry ice cream!

Yesterday, we met up with Gordana (see picture). She is a student in English and French and comes from Budva on the Montenegrian Coast, not far from famous Sveti Stefan. We spoke about her recent therapy experience and she also taught us some new Salsa moves! And today, we are heading to Sarajevo to meet up with Alan and the local self-help group. Should be fun! I'll post group pictures....

5 comments:

Alan said...

See you in sarajevo

Anonymous said...

Cute girl!

Norbert said...

Sounds *a lot* more fun than Oxford Dysfluency Conference. More sunny, too! Though, of course, less fun than the BSA National Conference....

Tom Weidig said...

Well, the whole 10-day trip is certainly not more expensive than attending the 3-day Oxford Dysfluency Conference. And I don't have to pay for the expenses paid to some key speakers that I don't find that interesting, to Elsevier (the darth vader of publishers), to pay UK VAT for doing charitable stuff, and full conference fees as a non-institutional think tank.

The BSA conference is too expensive to just travel to Durham from Luxembourg. And Velda didn't come back to me with a talking slot, and I am not that inspired by the talks anyway. But would have been fun.... especially as I spent three years in Durham for my PhD.

Norbert said...

"And Velda didn't come back to me with a talking slot"

that's probably because you left it a bit late. I seem to recall the invitations to speak went out earlier this year with a deadline in May....